Week 11 has come and gone and the world just seems to be going from bad to worse.
This week I simply want to implore everyone to educate themselves. Take the opportunities to have conversations about race, privilege and systematic inequalities, and take a look at yourself and your own behaviour.
If you like to read:
- Me and White Supremacy: A 28-Day Challenge to Combat Racism, Change the World, and Become a Good Ancestor by Layla Saad
- White Fragility: Why It’s So Hard For White People To Talk About Racism by Robin DiAngelo
- Why I’m No Longer Talking To White People About Race by Reni Eddo-Lodge
- Hostile Environment: How Immigrants Became Scapegoats by Maya Goodfellow
- How To Be An Antiracist written by Dr. Ibram X.
- An American Marriage by Tayari Jones
If you enjoy podcasts:
- About Race hosted by Anna Holmes, Baratunde Thurston, Raquel Cepeda, and Tanner Colby
- Say Your Mind hosted by Kelechi Okafor
- Growing up with gal-dem hosted by Liv Little and Charlie Brinkhurst Cuff
- The Echo Chamber Pod hosted by Ez and Jade
If you want something to watch:
- I Am Not Your Negro
- Who Killed Malcolm X?
- Dear White People
- When They See Us
This is by no means a comprehensive list of resources… in fact, my list here barely even scratches the surface of what we have access to right now, but it is a start. Take time to learn. Take time to listen. People have voices that need to be heard.